Here is the summary of Mont Marte‘s reply:
- Mont Marte do not test their products on animals (no further information)
- Mont Marte art supply ranges are not certified vegan
- brushes from taklon fibre are synthetic, soft cover books and the marjority of products, which includes paints, gessoes and glue products, are free of animal derived ingredients (no further information, whether this also includes the manufacturing cycle)
- Acrylic Colour free of PBK9: 75ml, 2L, 1L
- Dimension Acrylic Paints free of PBK9: 75ml, 250ml
- 100ml Satin Acrylic paints are free of PBK9
products containing animal derived ingredients:
- natural bristle brushes,
- hardcover books
- oil paints containing the pigment PBK9 /bone black (unfortunately, I could not find any information about the ingredients of the products on the website, and on the products’ MSDS (material safety data sheets) and additional information sheets. Maybe a retailer will offer those, or on the packaging; I looked through different products, but could not find any ingredients lists.
Mont Marte’s paints do not contain cadmium or cobalt; the colour names are only based on historical and traditional oil paint colour names.
Source: Mail Contact; website
Here is my information sheet, I send out to all the companies.
I summarize the information that a company decides to share with me. It is up to you, the reader, what you make out of this information.
I have sent out more enquiries to companies, concerning updating their profile on here;because they brought out new products . There are also companies I have written to for the first time.
Here is the lot of them:
- I wrote to Faber-Castell about their brushes (update), their new neon markers and their new white-as-snow marker and their blackout marker.
You find a list of Faber-Castell’s products here.
- I wrote to Etchr (Etchr Lab) for the first time
- I wrote again to Mon Marte
- I wrote to Gelli Arts for an update
- I wrote to Léonard (brush manufacturer) because they brought out brush sets labelled “vegan”
- to Coliro (Finetec Pearlcolors) for an update
- to da Vinci (Defet; brush manufacturer) for an update
I think those are all at the moment that I’ve written.
Although I am working my way through updating all my entries (please bear in mind that if I didn’t attach any date to an entry in the compendium, the information could reach back as far as 2017), I am open to hearing from you any companies you want me to write to. I’ll put them first. I know what time of year it is and if you are looking present-wise for your wishlist or someone else, or just because you need to let out your creativity, tell me about the company (maybe mention what product range as well, if they offer many); of course we need also to factor in the time it can take a company to reply. So the sooner, the better.
You reach me here firstname.lastname@example.org