This is a list of cruelty-free companies and the vegan-friendly products they offer. If you don’t find the company you are looking for in this list, please enter the company name in the search box to see their status. If you still can’t find the specific company you are looking for, please let me know, so that I can contact them.
Cheers, Anja (Ansho)
Continue reading “Cruelty-free companies offering vegan-friendly products:”
Manufacturer: Speedball Art
Speedball Art is a cruelty-free company and the companies they work with for the calligraphy fountain pens and for printing are vegan friendly as well.
Vegan Speedball Art Products (an incomplete list):
- all products of the drawing & lettering lines (Super Pigmented Acrylic Drawing and Calligraphy Ink, Nibs, Super Black India Ink, Pen Cleaner, Pen Holders -they have an oblique pen nib holder and offer also calligraphy products for left-handed people and a cartooning pen set; the Speedball Textbook, Elegant Writer, Calligraphy Fountain Pens and ink cartridges) https://www.speedballart.com/uploads/Drawing%20&%20Lettering.pdf
- Following Block and Screen Printing Products :
- water-soluble block printing ink
- water-soluble block printing ink pearlescent base
- water-soluble block printing ink retarder
- water-soluble block printing ink extender
- water-soluble block printing ink transparent extender base
- fabric block printing ink
- fabric block printing ink extender
- water-soluble screen printing ink
- acrylic screen printing ink
- professional acrylic screen printing ink
- fabric screen printing ink
- opaque fabric screen printing ink
- water-soluble transparent extender base (screen printing)
- acrylic extender base (screen printing)
- fabric and acrylic transparent base (screen printing)
- fabric and acrylic screen retarder base ————————————————-
- Professional Relief Inks
- Glazes (Ceramics Products)
Source: Mail contact
Update May 2018
Kuretake products can NOT be considered vegan-friendly.
As at first Kuretake representatives assured us, that their products are cruelty free, they later chose to inform us, that, due to the langauge-barrier, they are not able to understand what cruelty-free means or what animal-testing is. Despite claiming to have a look into this matter, no more awnsers were recieved from Kuretake.
Vegan friendly products:
-Kuretake Fude Pens, except the Fountain pen Shikatsuno series, the Fountain Brush pens have a brush tip made of animal hair
-ZIG Cartoonist Ink, except the Sumi Ink
–ZIG Clean Color Real Brush
-ZIG Waterbrush H20
-Gansai Tambi including the Pearlescent and Starry Colours
I am happy to finally share this information with you. The list is still incomplete, there will be additions over time.
Source: Mail contact
Paper Manufacturer: Strathmore
All Strathmore paper products are vegan friendly with the exception of Gemini Watercolour Paper.
Source: Website and mail contact
Finetec Perlcolors/ Perlglanzfarben
Source: Mail Contact
Coliro : „Alle Inhaltsstoffe der Perlglanzfarben sind frei von tierischen Bestandteilen und sind nach Angaben unserer Zulieferer der Inhaltsstoffe vegan und frei von Tierversuchen. Die Farben bestehen nur aus Mica (ein Pigment aus Stein gewonnen), Gummi Arabicum (ein rein pflanzlicher Bestandteil), und winzigen Mengen von Hilfsstoffen, die nach Herstellerangaben vegan sind. Im Herstellprozess selbst werden auch keine tierischen Hilfsmittel verwendet.“
Coliro: All materials used in Pearl Colors are free of animal components/derivatives and according to our ingredients suppliers vegan friendly and cruelty free. The colors consist only of mica (pigment made out of stone), Gum Arabic (purely plant based), and small amounts of additives, which are vegan according to the manufacturer. No animal derived
additives are used in the manufacturing process.