This is a list of cruelty-free companies and the vegan-friendly products they offer. If you don’t find the company you are looking for in this list, please enter the company name in the search box to see their status. If you still can’t find the specific company you are looking for, please let me know, so that I can contact them.
Cheers, Anja (Ansho)
Continue reading “Cruelty-free companies offering vegan-friendly products:”
Manufacturer: Speedball Art
Speedball Art is a cruelty-free company and the companies they work with for the calligraphy fountain pens and for printing are vegan friendly as well.
Vegan Speedball Art Products (an incomplete list):
- all products of the drawing & lettering lines (Super Pigmented Acrylic Drawing and Calligraphy Ink, Nibs, Super Black India Ink, Pen Cleaner, Pen Holders -they have an oblique pen nib holder and offer also calligraphy products for left-handed people and a cartooning pen set; the Speedball Textbook, Elegant Writer, Calligraphy Fountain Pens and ink cartridges) https://www.speedballart.com/uploads/Drawing%20&%20Lettering.pdf
- Following Block and Screen Printing Products :
- water-soluble block printing ink
- water-soluble block printing ink pearlescent base
- water-soluble block printing ink retarder
- water-soluble block printing ink extender
- water-soluble block printing ink transparent extender base
- fabric block printing ink
- fabric block printing ink extender
- water-soluble screen printing ink
- acrylic screen printing ink
- professional acrylic screen printing ink
- fabric screen printing ink
- opaque fabric screen printing ink
- water-soluble transparent extender base (screen printing)
- acrylic extender base (screen printing)
- fabric and acrylic transparent base (screen printing)
- fabric and acrylic screen retarder base ————————————————-
- Professional Relief Inks
- Glazes (Ceramics Products)
Source: Mail contact
Update May 2018
Kuretake products can NOT be considered vegan-friendly.
As at first Kuretake representatives assured us, that their products are cruelty free, they later chose to inform us, that, due to the langauge-barrier, they are not able to understand what cruelty-free means or what animal-testing is. Despite claiming to have a look into this matter, no more awnsers were recieved from Kuretake.
Vegan friendly products:
-Kuretake Fude Pens, except the Fountain pen Shikatsuno series, the Fountain Brush pens have a brush tip made of animal hair
-ZIG Cartoonist Ink, except the Sumi Ink
–ZIG Clean Color Real Brush
-ZIG Waterbrush H20
-Gansai Tambi including the Pearlescent and Starry Colours
I am happy to finally share this information with you. The list is still incomplete, there will be additions over time.
Source: Mail contact
All Paints, with the exception of the colour Ivory Black, mediums, varnish, synthetic brushes and knives are vegan friendly
Source: Mail Contact
vegan friendly products:
-All Artist Oil Colours with the exception of Ivory Black and Blue Black
-All Georgian Oil Colours with the exception of Ivory Black, Prussian Green and Coeruleum Hue
-All Cryla and Cryla Flow colours with the exception of Ivory Black
-All Designer’s Gouache with the exception of Neutral Grey 2, Paynes Grey, Lamp Black, Cool Grey 1,2, & 3 and Warm Grey 1,2, &3.
-All System 3 colours with the exception of Raw Sienna
-Pearlescent Liquid Acrylic Inks
-F.W. Artist Inks
-Rowney Block Printing Colours (Water Based and Oil Based)
-Dalon and Cryla, brushes and series 260, 270 &280.
-All painting surfaces and equipment with the exception of Saunders Waterford paper (gelatine sized), canvas panels (backing glue is an animal derivative) and rabbit skin size