Here is the summary of Mon Marte‘s reply:
- Mon Marte do not test their products on animals (no further information)
- Mon Marte art supply ranges are not certified vegan
- brushes from taklon fibre are synthetic, soft cover books and the marjority of products, which includes paints, gessoes and glue products, are free of animal derived ingredients (no further information, whether this also includes the manufacturing cycle)
- Acrylic Colour free of PBK9: 75ml, 2L, 1L
- Dimension Acrylic Paints free of PBK9: 75ml, 250ml
- 100ml Satin Acrylic paints are free of PBK9
products containing animal derived ingredients:
- natural bristle brushes,
- hardcover books
- oil paints containing the pigment PBK9 /bone black (unfortunately, I could not find any information about the ingredients of the products on the website, and on the products’ MSDS (material safety data sheets) and additional information sheets. Maybe a retailer will offer those, or on the packaging; I looked through different products, but could not find any ingredients lists.
Mon Marte’s paints do not contain cadmium or cobalt; the colour names are only based on historical and traditional oil paint colour names.
Source: Mail Contact; website
Here is my information sheet, I send out to all the companies.
I summarize the information that a company decides to share with me. It is up to you, the reader, what you make out of this information.