Enquiries sent out to:
- Mead (composition books, journals, notebooks and planners)
- Natural Earth Paint
- Mon Marte
For the latter two I spent more than a couple of hours going through their FAQs, information and reading thouroughly through the provided MSDS (Safety Data Sheets) of product ingredients.
New product enquiries sent out to:
- St. Petersburg watercolours (White Nights; English branch)
- Nevskaya Palitra
To all, who have sent enquiries to me about companies (and products) that I have yet to contact: I have not forgotten any of you, I will pick up where I left off. Thank you for your patience.
I just sent out another inquiry Arteza’s way. My last two tries in March and July last year unfortunately didn’t lead to anything.
Thank you Vanessa, for writing me and reminding me. I hope there will be good news soon on this site.
Here is my information sheet I send out to companies.
I wrote to following companies :
- Prima Marketing (2nd attempt) about their status and watercolours
- Faber-Castell about there inks and new synthetic brushes; the Graf von Faber-Castell inks are vegan-friendly.
- C.Kreul; you can find a list of already verified vegan-friendly products in the compendium or here.
Today I wrote to companies that offer pastels. A big thank you to Peter for providing me with a list of manufacturers and information about their products, he gathered. Of the six companies, I only knew one, Art Spectrum, who didn’t react to my first mail back in March. Let’s see whether they will reply this time.
Here are the six companies and the products I asked them about:
- Unison Colour Ltd – soft pastels
- Uart – sanded pastel paper, mounted boards
- Art Spectrum – soft pastels, Aqua Brush, Colourfix, Artist’s Gouache
- Mount Vision Pastels – pastels, waterproof inks
- Jackson’s – square soft pastels, handmade soft pastels
- Terry Ludwig Pastels – pastels
As to the other companies, nobody has replied so far. (only has been a couple of days so far)
I am finally back at it.
I sent out inquiries today to:
- Clairefontaine (thank you Frida and Christine for reminding me)
- Creative Hands about Brustro Alcohol Marker (thank you Toshu; I hadn’t heard of this company before)
- C.Kreul about Gouache, Oil Paints, Aquarelle Paints, Aqua Paint Marker, Spray Paint and the new Pouring Liquid.
C.Kreul is already in my compendium with a list of vegan-friendly products. And here was my latest entry about C.Kreul products.
I just sent an inquiry out to Mungyo. I sent the mail to both, head office and consulting. Although I copy-pasted both addresses, the mail to head office came back and the mail delivery system stated that there is “no such user”. Hopefully the mail to consulting will go through.
Thank you Ina, for letting me know about this company.
Source: Mail contact, Mungyo website
Unfortunately the mail I sent last thursday did not reach the person at Kuretake JP – the address couldn’t be located in their system (maybe the person doesn’t work there any more).
So I just filled out the online form on their Kuretake JP site, and I got a confirmation mail that they received it. I wonder whether I will be contacted by Kuretake UK (now Pirika UK) again, because in the form it was required to enter your country. If that is going to be the case, there will very probably be no further information about the cruelty-free part.
I am not very optimistic, but we’ll see.
Source: mail contact
Over the last year till February of this year, I had correspondence with Kuretake UK. The UK team are pretty terrific, always wrote back and passed my inquiries and information sheet along to the Japan Headquarters.( I just looked them up again, and they are no longer Kuretake UK, but Pirika UK).
I initially was assured that Kuretake was a cruelty-free company, but then they weren’t certain about it any longer. This was cited to probably be because of a language barrier. And the Japan Headquarters never replied since my last mail in February.
I consequently had to take the company of my list again, without this vital part of information.
I now contacted Kuretake JP directly and hope I will receive a clear reply for us all.
I sent out my inquiry to Arteza today. I first tried it in March, but at the time they were busy and asked me to try later in a couple of months. So here we go again.
Hope we get some good news.