unfortunately I have yet to receive word from Arteza. I have contacted them three times to no avail.
I know some of you have written to the company and received positive replies, of their products being vegan and not tested on animals.
Unfortunately a product being not tested on animals does not necessarily mean the raw materials weren’t and does not automatically correlate with the company being cruelty-free, the company not commissioning animal testing elsewhere, or the raw material suppliers not testing on animals.
The product being vegan, does not automatically mean no animal derivatives were used in the manufacturing process.
Everyone of course makes their own decision on “how vegan and cruelty-free” a product and company have to be. And maybe the information given by Arteza to you is acceptable.
I sent them my information sheet on how I assess these topics. They decided not to reply for more than one year. This leads me to note “declined to reply” in my compendium.
I am verry sorry for all, that hoped for some clarity here about Arteza. I always hope for the best and to be able to add a new company for you on here, but I guess they might just not be interested.
Thank you Sidra, for writing to me about this.
Again, I want to mention here, that momentarily I cannot reply to your messages via mail, but will answer your questions here, in hope you find my reply. Please don’t think I purposely overview any correspondence.
source: mail contact
I just sent out another inquiry Arteza’s way. My last two tries in March and July last year unfortunately didn’t lead to anything.
Thank you Vanessa, for writing me and reminding me. I hope there will be good news soon on this site.
Here is my information sheet I send out to companies.
I sent out my inquiry to Arteza today. I first tried it in March, but at the time they were busy and asked me to try later in a couple of months. So here we go again.
Hope we get some good news.
Here is an update on inquiries sent out:
- Boesner, Feb 26th, 2018: no reply yet; also did not reply a year ago,
- Amaco, Feb 26th, 2018: first reply: I should just read their safety data sheets (which I did before even writing to them) and contact another department, which I did, but no reply
- Art Spectrum Manufacturing Company, March 7th, 2018: no reply yet
- Arteza, March 7th, 2018: same day response; they are busy at the moment, I should contact them again in a couple of months
- B&B Etching Products, March 7th,2018: Etchall https://www.veganartstuff.info/2018/03/08/etchall-vegan-friendly-products-etching-glass/
- Zebra Pen Corp., March 7th, 2018: no reply yet
- Bigger Ltd /Culture Hustle, March 7th, 2018: vegan-friendly acrylics https://www.veganartstuff.info/2018/03/08/culture-hustle-potions-powders/
- Blockx, March 7th, 2018: no reply yet
- C.Kreul for paper and canvas, March 7th,2018 : https://www.veganartstuff.info/2018/03/15/c-kreul-canvas-and-paper/
- Ceramica collet S.A., March 8th, 2018: no reply yet
- Charvin, March 8th, 2018; unfortunately not suitable https://www.veganartstuff.info/2018/03/23/charvin-not-vegan-friendly/
- Chroma Acrylics, March 8th, 2018: no reply yet
- Cranfield Colours, April 3rd, 2018: https://www.veganartstuff.info/2018/04/13/cranfield-colours/
- Creative Mark , April 3rd, 2018: no reply yet
- Creative Paperclay, April 3rd, 2018: no reply yet
- Qor Watercolors (Golden Paints), April 3rd 2018: https://www.veganartstuff.info/2018/04/05/qor-watercolors-except-bone-black/
- Muji, April 4th, 2018: no reply yet
- Ikea, April 4th, 2018: customer support can’t answer my inquiry, I should telephone their main switchboard; I am going to leave it at this point and not pursue it any further;
- Liquitex for the cadium-free colors:, April 17th, 2018: https://www.veganartstuff.info/2018/04/18/liquitex-cadmium-free-colors-vegan/
- Crown Ball Pen, April 17th, 2018:
- DecoArt (2nd try for a more detailed reply), April 17th, 2018: (las years reply: “Our products are not tested on animals and do not contain animal products”)
- Demco EnCouleurs, April 17th,2018:
- Derivan, April 17th,2018: https://www.veganartstuff.info/2018/04/19/derivan-vegan-friendly-products/
Here is my compendium : https://www.veganartstuff.info/compendium/
Source: Mail contact